I have some exciting news: We recently gave m-Painter a complete overhaul, which will make the overall m-Power development process simpler and more intuitive!
- Add maps, graphs, charts, images, hover boxes, etc…
- Embed other applications within an application to create CRM apps, order entry apps, dashboards, or other complex applications.
- Add AJAX helpers, like calendar popups, lookup windows, or dynamic dropdown lists.
- Easily create drill-downs to other applications
- And much more…
So, how has m-Painter changed? While you can read all about it in full detail right here, here are a few of the major highlights:
1. Cross-browser, cross-platform, and HTML5 support
m-Painter now gives users even more options. It works across browsers/platforms and lets users include modern HTML5 elements in their web applications.
2. History feature gives users a safety net
We’ve added a new “history” feature that lets users save multiple versions of their presentation layer and revert to a previous version at any time. With the “history” feature, there’s no need to worry about making mistakes or accidentally overwriting your presentation layers…you can always revert back to a previous version. Here’s a screenshot of this new feature in action:
3. Improved, user-friendly interface
As you can see from the image below, we’ve updated m-Painter with a more intuitive and user-friendly interface, which should improve the development process.
4. Manual cell editing makes editing source code simple
Rather than sorting through hundreds of lines of source code, m-Painter now lets users quickly edit specific sections of the underlying code. Right-clicking any element in WYSIWYG mode will let users view and edit the underlying source code for only that element. The image below illustrates this concept.
Those are just a few of the highlights found in the new m-Painter, but there are many more new features. To start using the new m-Painter, just apply the latest m-Power update from your customer portal.