How does jQuery help you? What types of features can you add to your web apps with jQuery? While your options are nearly limitless, here are a few common uses:
- Quicksand filtering: Using this jQuery plugin, you can add animated sorting/filtering to your web apps. (demo)
- Accordion reports: This jQuery feature creates accordion-style navigation that will expand/contract when selected. (demo)
- Draggable columns: This feature lets your users rearrange columns within a data table. (demo)
- Tooltip boxes: Tooltip boxes provide more information when a user hovers over an element on the page. (Hover over the speech bubbles on any row in this demo to see a popup box)
- Context menus: This features adds context menus to your data. Users can right-click any record to perform maintenance actions (edit, copy, view, delete). (Right-click any row in this demo to view a context menu)
- Carousel image sliders: This jQuery plugin lets you add automatically rotating images to your web site or apps. (demo)
That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Do a Google search for “jQuery plugins” to see the wide range of features available.
Would you like to learn how to add jQuery to your web apps? Join us on Thursday, December 18th for a free educational webinar: Intro to jQuery. In this webinar, one of our jQuery experts will teach you:
- The basics of using jQuery
- How jQuery can improve your existing apps
- How to include jQuery in your current web apps
You can register for this event right here.