From time to time, customer’s request how to modify their Report output so that the graph appears before the data table. The process to do this is fairly straightforward and I will explain it below.
Many first time m-Power users assume they can just drag and drop the graph above the data table, end of story. This, however, is not the case. The reason this method will not work is because the graph is dependent on the data table. Without the data table, no graph can be displayed. Because of this, the graph must be listed after the data table in the HTML code.
So how can we have our cake and eat it too? By following these simple steps:
1. Open m-Painter for your Report w/ Graph Template.
2. Right click on the table border. Select “Copy”.
3. Under the graph, right click and select “Paste”.
4. Within the “new” data table, remove the Image Data Collector Icons.
5. Lastly, right click in the “old” data table, and select “Hide Graph.”
The graph is being determined from the original data table. However, the original table is being hidden from view. The end-user will see the graph first, followed by the copied data table.
Note: Be sure to do this only after you have completed making all custom changes to your graph. After you follow the steps listed above, you will not be able to modify any graph properties.
Give it a try, and let us know what you think!