Converting Remote BED mrc-Productivity Series Install to m-Power on a PC Server
Here is the Scenario:
- You are a current mrc-Productivity Series customer who is running BED from a remote PC server. Your application server (usually Tomcat), is not running on the AS400, but on an Intel PC.
- You want to upgrade that instance to m-Power.
- You want to migrate all existing applications to work within that environment.
Here is what you need to do:
- Contact mrc at 630.916.0662 (in the UK call 0208-322-7720) to convert your account to m-Power. We will also send you a new license file via e-mail. Please save this as it will be necessary later on in these instructions.
- Once your account has been migrated you will be able to sign-on to the customer Portal by clicking here. Your username and password is your AS400 serial number, no leading zeros or dashes are needed.
- Click the m-Power link under the Update column.
- Download the update. (Note: If you are using your workstation to download the file, please copy the file to your Intel Server after download is complete.)
- If Tomcat is currently running on your Remote BED instance, please stop Tomcat.
- Extract the files to the c:\ location. Note: Your applications will not be overwritten, but the Productivity Series logic will be overwritten with the m-Power logic.
- Next, navigate to c:\m-power\mrcwebgui\. Delete the file bed.properties. This file is no longer needed as you are upgrading to m-Power.
- Lastly, copy the license file you received in Step 1 to the c:\m-power\proddata\conf folder.
- Start Tomcat.
- Congratulations – you have successfully converted your mrc-Productivity Series environment to m-Power.
Note: In the future, when taking m-Power updates, simply follow Step 4 through Step 6.