Occasionally, Clients contact our support tech team wanting to know what the current version of Tomcat that we support. As I write this document (Mar 2022), we support up to Tomcat 9. While Tomcat 9 is the major version, there are minor versions available.
Clients wishing to upgrade their Tomcat 9 version to Tomcat 9.0.59 should follow the instructions listed below.
Note: These instructions are only available for customers currently utilizing Tomcat 9. Customers who wish to migrate from Tomcat 7 should first follow these instructions. Once completed, return to the instructions below.
Note: These instructions assume you are not using the AJP connector. If you are, please contact mrc Technical support.
Note: The easiest way to check your current version would be to open any m-Power run-time application. In the URL, replace the “s” that is located at the end of your application with an “x”. This will cause a 404 to appear.
- Download this zip file which contains the updated Tomcat libraries.
- Extract these files to c:\temp\TC9.
- Stop Tomcat (Development).
- Make a copy of development\m-power\tomcat\ to tomcat_old. In the event the upgrade fails, having a backup will make reverting much easier.
- Copy over the c:\temp\TC9\bin\bootstrap.jar file to development\m-power\tomcat\bin. Overwrite the existing file.
- On your m-Power server, remove any files that begin with ecj* from development\m-power\tomcat\lib
- Copy over all jar files in c:\temp\TC9\lib to development\m-power\tomcat\lib. Overwrite all files.
- On your m-Power server, edit the development\m-power\tomcat\conf\server.xml. Find the AJP listener line and comment it out.
Note:The default AJP listener looks like this: <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" />
- On your m-Power server, edit the development\m-power\tomcat\conf\context.xml. Add the following directly before the </Context>:
- Start Tomcat and verify everything is working to your liking. If so, repeat the process above for your production instance(s). You can also remove the tomcat_old folder we created earlier when you feel comfortable doing so.