The Call a Maintainer Application message type is a versatile method of triggering a maintainer that houses another purpose. These maintainers can trigger external procedures, other m-Power applications, and other task groups.
- Select a Maintainer: Select the dictionary and maintainer that you wish to use in your task.
- Additional Report Parameters: Additional parameters can be passed through the URL to filter the maintainer or control the maintainer behavior. Use the “Toggle Parameter Help” button to assist with creating this URL.
- Map Fields to Maintainer: Only available if the “Accepts maintainer parms” box was checked in the Task Type screen. With this option, you are able to map fields from the maintainer to the fields of your target maintainer.
- Recipient address source – Use a distribution List: This option allows you to use a Distribution List Retrieval to bring back records to use in your target maintainer. Select the dictionary where the Distribution List Retrieval lives and the Retrieval application itself. Any additional parameters you wish to pass to filter retrieval records can be entered here as well.
- Recipient address source – Use email address from web form: Not used in this task type.
- Map maintainer fields to distribution list: If a Distribution List is selected and the “Accepts maintainer parms” box was checked on the Task Type screen, you are able to filter the distribution list dynamically by mapping fields from the maintainer to the Distribution List Retrieval.
- Review: Overview of all options that make up your task. A great tool for troubleshooting tasks.