March 2022 Oak Brook, IL
Today, software developer mrc announces the release of new reporting enhancements within the m-Power Development Platform. m-Power is an enterprise low-code development platform that businesses use across their organizations. It creates web applications such as report-writing, business intelligence, executive dashboards, customer portals, database front-ends, and workflow apps to name a few.
This release brings the “Report Designer” to m-Power. The Report Designer fills a common gap between IT reporting tools and end-user reporting tools. IT reporting tools are powerful, yet too complex for the average user. End-user reporting tools are simple enough for non-technical users, but lack features found in the more complex options.
The Report Designer provides a third level of reporting capabilities that fits between these two options. It packs powerful reporting capabilities into a simple step-by-step interface. Anyone in an organization can create reports in just minutes, regardless of technical skill level. With the addition of the Report Designer, m-Power now:
Provides comprehensive reporting capabilities
Before the addition of the Report Designer, m-Power already provided two levels of reporting for different users:
- Advanced reporting: m-Power provides enterprise-class BI, dashboarding, and reporting capabilities. With this options, users can:
- Create any type of report they need, such as web pivot tables, interactive reports, dashboards, and much more.
- Customize their reports in any way, even at the code level.
- White-label and embed reports in other software and applications.
- Basic reporting for end users: m-Power provides a self-service reporting tool for end-users known as the m-Power Data Explorer (DX). Designed for end users, m-Power DX lets business users create reports, data lookups, visualizations, pivot tables, and dashboards in minutes without coding. It’s designed to let end-users explore their data themselves, without assistance from the IT department.
With the addition of the Report Designer, m-Power now provides a reporting solution that fits in between these two options. It’s designed for users who need more capabilities than m-Power DX, but not everything that m-Power’s advanced reporting offers. It offers a simple step-by-step interface that lets anyone in an organization:
- Create reports in minutes, without coding
- Create many different types of reports, such as interactive reports, standard reports, pivot tables, and more.
- Include advanced features like conditional color-coding, drill-down dimensions, data filtering, custom calculations, and many more.
Offers something for everyone in a single platform
With the addition of the Report Designer, m-Power now offers reporting options that meet the needs of all types of users and projects. Everyone can use m-Power’s reporting features for both simple reports or complex reporting with heavy customization.
The advantage is that m-Power provides this range of reporting within a single platform. Whereas most reporting tools are built for a single skillset, m-Power’s reporting features now appeal to users of all skill levels. Users can go as easy or as complex as they need, all from within a single tool.
“We had one overarching goal when creating the Report Designer,” says Tyler Wassell, Director of Software Development at mrc. “We wanted to make sure that m-Power provided something for everyone when it came to reporting and I think we hit that goal. Combined with m-Power’s existing reporting capabilities, everyone can get something out of the reporting experience.”
For additional information contact mrc via phone at 630.916.0662; via fax at 630.916.0663; via e-mail at email@example.com.
mrc's development tool suite, m-Power, is used to create business applications and can run on any database or platform that supports Java (e.g. OS/400, Linux, Unix, and Windows). m-Power is used to create an endless variety of business web applications such as: Mobile apps, Web reports, dashboards, eCommerce apps, business intelligence, and more.
mrc was a recipient of the Apex Award for application development, is a long-time IBM Business Partner, and has been producing award-winning development software since 1981.