m-Power's visual editor gets an overhaul, delivering a simpler application development process
September 2017 Oak Brook, IL
Today, software tool developer michaels, ross & cole, ltd. (mrc) announces an overhaul to m-Painter, the WYSIWYG editor built into m-Power. m-Power is a web application development platform that businesses use across their organizations to create web applications such as report-writing, Business Intelligence, executive dashboards, e-commerce, customer portals, and mobile applications to name a few.
- Easily add maps, graphs, charts, images, hover boxes, etc...
- Embed other applications within an application to create CRM apps, order entry apps, dashboards, or other complex applications.
- Add AJAX helpers, like calendar popups, lookup windows, or dynamic dropdown lists.
- Easily create drill-downs to other applications
- Much more...
m-Painter's new features
In an effort to further simplify the application development process, mrc recently overhauled m-Painter. The newly rebuilt m-Painter brings many notable improvements, such as:
Improved interface simplifies development
m-Painter’s redesigned interface improves usability with a more intuitive layout and a modern look and feel (See screenshot below).
New features speed up development
m-Painter now includes some new features that improve layout control, form building, and development speed, such as:
- Quick Lists: This new feature lets users create option lists, ajax lookups, return data lookups, and key/value lookups using database tables or static data.
- Integrated source mode: While m-Painter lets users enhance their applications without any coding, it also lets the more technical users access and edit the underlying source code. The new version of m-Painter simplifies this task, with a new, integrated source code editor.
- Font Awesome Integration: m-Painter now includes a new dialog that lets developers search through the Font Awesome Icon pack and insert them into applications.
New "Grid Mode" offers more control
A new layout option, users can toggle "grid mode" to see page structure and have more control over application layout. This editing mode lets users easily add rows, content, and buttons into their applications.
"This enhancement is a major improvement on several levels," says Tyler Wassell, mrc's Director of Software Development. "Not only does it simplify application development, it also brings some powerful new features that m-Power users of all skill levels are sure to love."###
For additional information contact mrc via phone at 630.916.0662; via fax at 630.916.0663; via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
mrc's development tool suite, m-Power, is used to create business applications and can run on any database or platform that supports Java (e.g. OS/400, Linux, Unix, and Windows). m-Power is used to create an endless variety of business web applications such as: Mobile apps, Web reports, dashboards, eCommerce apps, business intelligence, and more.
mrc was a recipient of the Apex Award for application development, is a long-time IBM Business Partner, and has been producing award-winning development software since 1981.
"m-Power has given me and the company the ability to do things that we have never been able to do. Reports that would take months to get from programming requests can now be run in minutes!"Alex Hodschayan — MBS Textbook Exchange, Inc.
"I am amazed at how easy it is to perform application development. m-Power has automated many of the difficult tasks of application development."Guy Ulmer — Transparent Container Company
"[m-Power] consistantly delivers when I need to do serious application development in very short order."Stan Brewer — Boise Paper Holdings, LLC
"[m-Power] has streamlined our operations and given us the ability to make decisions in seconds or minutes instead of hours or days."Josh Wolfe — Medline Industries, Inc.
"Quick and easy reports, and the ability to delve deeper if necessary in the same tool is unusual to see. [m-Power] seems to deliver both options."Jay Lee — Showplace Wood Products
"Our return on investment is way beyond what was originally conceived because there are whole new areas to which it can be applied."Alan Briggs — General Binding Corporation
"It blows me away how easy [m-Power] is to use."Jose Morales — GL Veneer Company, Inc.
Have a question?
Want to learn more about m-Power or see a custom demo?Contact Us