Summary: Do your development projects drag on for months? Are business users bypassing the IT department for third-party, cloud solutions? Or, is your aging software holding you back from modern technology? Learn how a web application development platform will help solve these problems.
As technology plays an increasingly important role, many businesses struggle to keep up. They face a growing number of problems, such as:
- Slow application development is hindering their agility: They can’t create solutions the business requires fast enough.
- Shadow IT is growing: End users are bypassing the IT department for simple, cloud-based solutions.
- Legacy applications are holding them back: They can’t move forward with their legacy systems, but upgrading or replacing these systems or applications is too risky or expensive.
- The IT skills gap is widening. Web application development requires an ever-evolving skillset, yet many companies can’t afford to bring in developers with modern skills.
- Mobile usage is exploding: Still catching up to the web, many companies aren’t prepared to capitalize on the growing mobile trend.
How can a web application development platform solve these issues?
So, what’s the answer? As these problems mount, more businesses turn to web application development platforms to bring their companies up to speed. Web application development platforms help these companies:
- Improve development speed. Development platforms reduce development time by 50 – 80%, helping IT departments keep up with the business and tackle development projects they otherwise couldn’t handle.
- Let users create the solutions they require. Development platforms let business users create their own self-service applications (reports, BI apps, mobile apps, etc…), while giving the IT department complete control over data and user access.
- Augment their existing software with new features. Web application development platforms let businesses build new web applications that integrate with their existing systems–giving them a way to customize their existing software without replacing it.
- Bring new skills to current staff. Rather than hire new employees with modern skills, web application development platforms bring modern skills to their current staff.
- Build applications that work across all devices. Modern web application development platforms create web apps that automatically adapt to the device on which it’s accessed–from PCs to tablets to smartphones.
Demo of a web application development platform
To learn more about web application development platforms, watch the video below. If you’d like to try a web application development platform for yourself, check out the free 30-day trial of m-Power. It will introduce you to the interface and walk you through the process of building a web (and mobile web) app. Of course, if you have any questions, just let us know.