Summary: As technology evolves at breakneck speed, it brings new opportunities and challenges to web application development. If businesses want to create lasting, successful web applications, they must address these challenges.
Here at mrc, we’ve made the move to a fully remote workforce during this time. How does impact our customer support? Thanks to modern communication tools, our support team can still provide the same level of service you’ve come to expect. If you have a support request, please submit it using the normal channels.
What about training classes? I realize that our normal training classes are held in-person…which aren’t feasible right now. Don’t worry, our support team has created remote training classes that are held via video conference. While you can customize your class, we’ve structured learning options into three tiers:
- Beginner – Geared for folks with limited m-Power exposure. These options focus on the essentials, such as: Reporting, menuing, m-Painter, promotion, automation, and debugging.
- Intermediate – Designed for users with a few years of m-Power experience. Intermediate options focus on more involved m-Power features, such as: Security, Bootstrap, Workflow Designer, application auditing, and dashboards.
- Advanced – Geared for the m-Power expert. These courses involve our most technical concepts, such as: Freemarker, user privileges, session variables, web services, AJAX, custom logic, and clustering.
You can select any topics you want, across any level. These options are designed to be a la carte, and we can cover 3-4 topics per day in a class. I believe these remote learning sessions will help our customers in a few important ways:
- Simplicity – Remote training gives you all the interaction of an in-person training class, without the travel hassle or expense!
- Flexible – Interested in just a few concepts? Great! Want to combine topics from different courses? No problem. We will put together a course that meets your needs.
- Data Familiarity – Remote Learning classes will focus around your data. We’ll introduce a topic over our sample data, then move towards building apps over your data.
- On-Demand Training – Conventional (in-person) training is usually Monday-Friday in one week. Remote Learning is different–we’ll work around your schedule. Our courses can be scheduled in half-day or full-day increments. So if that means you want to have m-Power remote sessions every other Thursday morning over a given time frame, we can make that happen!
To learn more about our remote learning options, please visit this page. Of course, don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or comments!
Summary: Digital transformation is a priority for many businesses these days. However, studies find that most lack the skills and resources for digital transformation–leading to high failure rates. In this article, we explore how low-code platforms can help businesses avoid many common issues in their digital transformation journey.
Summary: Legacy Modernization is an important, yet complex topic. Because every business is different, modernization needs vary from one company to the next. Which applications should be modernized? Which modernization approach is right for you? What steps should you take to ensure a successful project? In this guide, we answer all of these questions and more!
Summary: What is embedded analytics and why is it so important? What should you look for in an embedded analytics platform? While the requirements vary by company, I believe that certain elements are essential in a good embedded analytics tool. In this article, we explore 7 essential elements you should look for in any good embedded solution.
Summary: In the digital age, speed is the name of the game. Any modern business needs efficient processes to operate at their best. The problem: Many are still living in the past. They rely on inefficient or manual processes that slow down their operations. How can you streamline your inefficient workflows? In this article, we explore 9 steps to meet this goal.
Summary: As we start a new year, it helps to reflect on (and learn from) the past year. In this article, we take a look at the past year from an IT leader perspective. What are the most important lessons that IT leaders and CIOs learned (or should have learned) in 2019? What important takeaways from the last 12 months will help you succeed in the coming year? We answer those questions (and more) in this article.
Summary: As digital technologies transform the business landscape, web development becomes increasingly important. In the near future, those who keep up with changing development trends will have an advantage over those who don’t. So, where is enterprise application development headed in the coming year? Learn more in this article.
Summary: As technology evolves, it plays an increasingly important role in the business world. More than ever, the modern CIO must stay ahead of the ever-changing technology curve, and understand how new technologies might affect their business. What technologies could have the biggest impact on the business world in the coming year? In this article, we explore a few more technologies that the modern CIO cannot afford to ignore.